Choose Your Box
Calgary Movers doesn’t just provide the professional moving services you need; we also provide top-quality moving materials. That includes a wide selection of various sized boxes to securely store all of your personal belongings.
Here’s what you need to know about each of the boxes we carry:
2.0 Cube Box
Measures: 18” x 15” x 12.5”
This is one of our most popular boxes. It is large enough to handle many common household items, but it’s not so big that it becomes too heavy to carry. You can use this box to pack books, kitchen items, toys, files and paperwork, clothing and more.
- Always use high-quality packing tape. For heavier boxes, double tape the seams.
- Make the most of your space. Pack flat items like books and documents vertically. Use soft items like stuffed toys or towels to cushion breakables like plates and vases. Lay papers on the top of a full box before closing it. Don’t leave any empty space, and eliminate the need for packing materials where possible.
- Don’t load fragile items in these boxes. Our movers place them on the truck first and stack other boxes on top of them.
3.2 Cube Box
This larger size box accommodates items like appliances, larger pots and pans, adult shoes and toys. It is a bit more sturdy and can hold many more items. It’s also ideal for rounding up the miscellaneous items in a room that don’t quite fit in other boxes.
- Heavy items should not be placed in this box. It is not designed for heavy weights.
- Large but lightweight items are best for these boxes.
- Make use of all the space in the box without making it too heavy.
4.0 Cube Box
Larger, lightweight items are well-suited for this box. Items like towels, blankets, and bed sheets are perfect. The box can also store items like lamp shades, bathroom appliances and clothing.
- Since this is a larger box, it should be filled with lightweight items for easier handling.
- Always fill your box to maximize the space. Just be mindful of weight as you go.
5.0 Cube Box
This larger box is ideal for lightweight but oversized items, such as couch cushions, pet beds or large stuffed toys. As with all larger boxes, it is important to be mindful of weight when packing this box.
- Load heavier items in the box first. This will balance the box and prevent lighter weight items from being crushed.
- Include a mix of heavier items with lightweight items, such as a few towels on the bottom with some pillows on the top. Just keep the overall weight of the box light.
- As always, pack the box to be full. Don’t leave any space wasted inside.
The China Box
As the name suggests, this box is designed for your fine tablewear, such as your china, fancy dinner plates, stone ware and other fragile items. Though the box is larger, it has a more sturdy construction to hold more weight and protect your valuables.
- Do not use newspaper when packing items. It could spread ink on your fine dishware.
- Load the box with bubble wrap or unprinted packing paper first. Then load it going from heavier to lighter items.
- Wrap each item in bubble wrap or unprinted packing paper. Use cardboard separators for additional protection.
- Finish the box with a layer of bubble wrap or packing paper.
- Pack wine glasses and dishes vertically. Wrap them individually and include an additional layer of bubble wrap or packing paper between items.
Wall Hangings Carton
Keep your special framed pictures, wall art and mirrors safe with this specially designed box. Each box can pack three to four items, depending on their thickness.
- Seal one side of the box and leave the other side open for packing.
- Place a layer of bubble wrap or unprinted packing paper in the box first.
- Wrap each of your items in bubble wrap or unprinted packing paper and place them in the box.
- Make the most use of the space by packing items of similar size together.
- Face hangings in the same direction to avoid creating an unnecessary gap between items.
- Add a layer of bubble wrap or packing paper between items for extra protection.
Small Mirror Carton
This carton includes two pieces that make the size adjustable. You can make it bigger or smaller to fit your items exactly, giving them extra protection and reducing wasted space. This box is designed for heavier items, such as bigger mirrors.
- Seal one side of the carton and leave the other side open for packing. Lay it flat on the floor.
- Add a layer of bubble wrap or unprinted packing paper in the box first.
- Pack the box the same way you would the wall hangings carton, with each item wrapped individually and the hangers facing the same direction.
- Finish with another layer of bubble wrap or packing paper.
- Use a strong, high-quality tape to close the box.
Large Mirror Carton
Use this two-piece box to pack larger mirros like dresser mirros, floor-length mirrors and vanity mirrors.
- Pack this box the same way you would the small mirror carton.
Wardrobe Box with Bar Measures: 24”x21”x48” 24”x24”x36”
Don’t weigh down a box by folding your clothes and packing it to the brim. Use this wardrobe box to make transportation easier and to keep your clothes wrinkle-free. Just transfer the clothes directly from your closet to the box, and then transfer them directly to your new clost. Moving will be a breeze.
After you’re done with your move, you can even use the box for creative play with your kids, like putting on a fun puppet show.
Other Packing Materials
At Calgary Movers, we carry a wide variety of other quality packing materials, as well.
Keep your belongings protected without staining them with ink. You can just unpack and go with no cleanup after your move.
Bubble wrap provides superior protection for fragile items like mirrors, dishware, vases and other home décor.
The right packing tape will keep your boxes sturdy and protect your belongings. Our strong polypropylene packing tape is pressure sensitive and heat-resistant.
Calgary Movers Stands Behind Our Products and Services
In addition to providing the superior packing materials you need, our movers will provide the professional service to get your belongings to your new destination safely. Not only will we keep your personal items safe, but we will also take care not to damage your walls, doors or entryways. We are committed to your total satisfaction through every step of your move.